Hello there, this is my weekly report about my work. In this report, I will show what I did this past week. I will also show what I intend to do in the next week. All the code of the project can be found on this repository. let’s get started.
That’s what is done
- Wrote a method that generates the notebook.
- Wrote a method that evaluates the code in a notebook-specialized context. This context is stored as a private property in the class. And gets updated when we run any command in the notebook. In order to do this, I made the class a handle class. You can read more about handle classes here.
- Wrote a method that runs code in the specialized context that we made. This method returns the output that appears in your notebook after running the code. This method also supports running code that produces errors.
- Began writing a method that runs notebook cells. The method now supports running code that produces output through
stdout(i.e no graphical output).
What I intend to do
- Work on supporting running code that generates graphics
- Solve some minor issues like:
- The change of the notebook format if the notebook contains one cell or cells with identical keys.
- The jsondecode function transforms the keys of JSON objects into valid octave variable names. This is not compatible with the notebook format, so we need to handle it.
That’s it. See you next week.